Monday, August 16, 2004

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE


Germanyposter200
Originally uploaded by das spunken.

Collins hitchhiking in Germany, with a suitcase full to the brim of ladies underwear and human body parts.

Well folks, I post with a heavy heart and a wet chin. Does this mean little Phil is giving up music and retiring gracefully. (Take note Elton, Madonna, Rolling Stones and Gary Barlow)

Who can forget those heady days in the 80s when cockney Collins charmed us with songs like "Two Hearts living in just one mind, staying together til the end of time" Phil's lament to siamese twins. Although strictly their hearts will not beat until the end of time. They usually die at about 45ish.

Who can forget "Coming in the air tonight" Phils diatribe to outdoor sex.

It still brings a tear to my eye as Pip sings about "Another day in Paradise". Homelessness is something Phil feels strongly about. The song penned while sitting in his luxury 5million Florida home was a hit in 53 countries worldwide.

Read the latest letter on Phils website which Poppa Collins answered himself, Das Spunken comments in Red:

Letter from USA

Dear Mr Collins,

I hope this letter finds you well. I love your music and your lyrics; you are truly a musical genius. I grew up on your music.(Why didn't he stop reading after this line) I heard some very disturbing news that I find very hard to believe, it is said that you are an anti-Semite and you wholeheartedly support the P.L.O., Palestinians, who are mass murderers and were responsible for 9/11.(PLO responsible for 9/11, are you mad?) They kill their own; they blow themselves up and have their women and children blowing up innocent people and themselves. How could an artist with such G-d(Scared to say G-d) given talents, who writes and sings about love, pain, forgiveness, kindness, brotherhood,(outdoor sex, siamese twins) etc., support this organization and dislike Jewish people, it just does not make sense. I am sure you do not know this but many Jews will not buy your music or listen to your music. My children ask me to change the radio station when your music comes on or your name is mentioned.(This is probably not due to relegious or political reasons) I just cannot believe this, it hurts me so, I guess I am writing to you to clear this up. You are entitled to your beliefs and support who you wish, it just does not fit your profile.(Cuddly cockney adults favourite) I heard you answer your fans that take the time to write to you, even if it is only a few lines. I wait your reply, I would hate to have to stop listening to your music, it gives me such pleasure. I hope this information is incorrect, and I hope I can correct people and tell them this is false.

Sincerely,

A. Twat



Phil's reply

December 17, 2003


Dear Fat backward paranoid American


I have only just received your letter and to say that I'm confused, angry and baffled is an understatement!(Phil means, jesus not another american)

I have no idea how these rumours start but there is absolutely no truth in what you've heard at all. I have never been asked what I feel about the problems that exist so have never voiced any opinion. The fact that Jewish people refuse to listen to my music because of this is very sad. (Thanks for supplying only reason to convert to Judaism)Altogether, a bleak picture really. My beliefs cover only what I believe to be right or wrong, I have no blanket belief that could be interpreted in a way that you express in your letter.

A rumour similar to this, and possibly the origin of this one, I heard in NY in the 80's. Someone said that they'd read in a Jewish magazine that I was an anti-Semite and I could not work out how that one started. However, the same person then went on to tell a similar story to yours wouldn't mention my name, play the music, etc (Sorry Phil it just spiralled out of control, it was meant to be a joke with a drunken journalist at a News Kids on the Block after party)

I was then married to a lady whose father was Jewish so the story was even more farcical.

Anyway, we know there are some very strange, disturbed people out there(Das Spunken) and this must be how this has come about.(Honestly Phil we didn't mean it) On a personal note, I urge you to tell your friends, show them this letter if they don't believe you make them see that this has no truth to it. I have always prided myself on a complete lack of racial and religious prejudice so your letter gets to me more than some other criticisms might.

As for your children, tell 'em 'Uncle' Phil's (Uncle Phil, - Mommy does Uncle Phil have to come and babysit tonight) not so bad as they thought.

Yours sincerely,

Phil Collins

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil Collins is an anti-semetic, it's a well known fact amongst my friends in the jewish community. So keep your mouth shut on issues that concern you. Your site is offfensive and incorrect to say otherwises.

20 August 2004 at 13:16  
Blogger Das Spunken said...

Great comment please refer to the main blog entry. Otherwises I will stop being offffffensive when refering to the Phillip Collins the anti-semetic.

20 August 2004 at 14:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you afraid to say GOD, you pretentious nuthugging faggot?

23 August 2004 at 09:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home